Thursday, February 10, 2011

First finishes of 2011

I've just returned from the packaging-mailing store where I sent off matching quilts for two brothers, grandsons of a dear friend and former colleague.  The quilts were easy and fun to make.  I hit a sale at Joann's a while back and picked up half-yards of juvenile prints.  I don't usually buy fabric at Joann's, but I think these fabrics are perfect for kids' quilts: fish, frogs, cars, dinosaurs, bears, how could you miss?
As you can see in the pictures, I just cut them into strips and sewed them together randomly.


I added each boy's name to the top using a blanket stitch.


The backs are pieced with some fabric from the front and a letters and numbers fabric I bought a few years ago at a quilt store in Vermont.      

                                                                                      
The bindings are the red star fabric I used for the boys' names.

 I'm afraid my photography leaves (quite a) bit to be desired, but you get the idea. I hope John and Mason enjoy their quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment