I got myself organized this month by making lots of 9" blocks of muslin and batting so that I would be ready to practice whenever I had a little time. That strategy worked well for me and I'm going to do the same thing for the rest of the challenge.
Here are a few of the practice blocks.
So here is the big reveal. First up, the stipple-like curvy quilting:
And the second pattern with angular sewing around the foundation line: (Leah calls this railroad ties)
I liked this exercise because it focused on filling the allotted space evenly. I was not entirely successful, but I learned a lot from practicing. I used Superior Threads Rainbow in the top and Superior's Bottom Line in the bobbin.
This was not the only quilty sewing that was done this month. I made a small patchwork teddy bear and a matching quilt for a friend's baby shower. (And forgot to take a picture!) And I am finishing a little quilt for my guild's challenge. That one is a secret until our June luncheon, so I'll post about that later.